There are many types of injuries that you can deal with throughout your life and your career. This is true regardless of your line of work. There are a variety of work injuries you can incur that vary based on your job. If you have a work injury, it is important to seek treatment. At Back & Neck Care Chiropractic in Vancouver, WA, our chiropractor provides all-natural treatment options for work injuries and other ailments. We will help you return to a healthy, pain-free life.
What Are Work Injuries?
An injury is any trauma that disrupts the normal function of your body. A work injury happens on the job or because of your job. A work injury can be acute, such as a lifting injury while working in a warehouse. Work injuries can also happen over time, like carpal tunnel. This develops from typing on a keyboard repetitively.
Common Work Injuries
Work injuries vary depending on what industry you work in and how physical your job is. While there are many different accident injuries, here are the most common:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: Pain is caused by repeated typing at angles that cause pinching of the nerve.
- Neck pain: This usually occurs from crouching over a screen, like a phone, tablet, or staring down at a laptop in your lap.
- Back pain: This can occur from sitting at the wrong angles at a desk or not moving for extended periods of time, such as in driving jobs. Back pain is also caused when lifting something with an inappropriate force or twist.
- Slips and falls: These injuries happen when a person slips on a surface at work and lands on the ground with an impact. Many people experience wrist, elbow, knee, and hip issues while trying to catch their weight from a fall.
- Headaches and migraines: These can be caused by improper ergonomics at a desk, harsh lighting conditions, overworked eyes, or working without proper eye protection in bright outdoor environments.
- Concussions: These can happen due to either falls, colliding with an object, or even being in a car accident with the company vehicle.
Treating Work Injuries
When you first visit us with a work injury, our chiropractor will diagnose you and create a personalized treatment plan for you. For many injuries, our chiropractor can use spinal adjustments. Realigning the spine alleviates pain and tension in the back, neck, and other areas of the body. We also offer massage therapy, exercises, acupuncture, and more to help you recover from work injuries.
Visit Our Chiropractor in Vancouver, WA for Work Injury Relief
If you have a work injury, we can help. At Back & Neck Care Chiropractic in Vancouver, WA, our chiropractor will alleviate your pain and help your body heal. We will get you back to working pain-free. Call us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more.